In July we had to tear apart our kitchen, nook, and dining room floors because of water damage. All our furniture and kitchen and dining belongings had to be removed and stored off site to make room for the extensive repairs involved.
This is how we lived.
Sparingly.
Definition: (adj.) 1. Given to or marked by prudence and restraint in the use of material resources. 2. Deficient or limited in quantity, fullness, or extent.
And when our friends came to visit, we stood around the kitchen island to eat.
Today, blessed, most grateful day of the last three months, our belongings came home like the prodigal son. Well, not so much the prodigal son, but we sure were just as happy as the father to receive his long lost son.
See, the rug, the soft pile fabric that tickles the spaces between my toes...
Behold, the Persian rug that feels like velvet under my feet...
Ah, what am I doing on the computer?! I'm going out to my living room to frolic on my couch. Then I'll set a cup full of hot tea on the coffee table, and sip it as I rest my aching feet on the ottoman. After that I'll eat leftover Boston cream pie at the dining table!
Oh Sonya, they're home!
The furniture returneth home!






No comments:
Post a Comment