Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Gift From Cousin Kayen


 I was a cooking fiend over the weekend. I had to bake an apple pie from scratch, which I had never done before; and make baked .  ziti  , I mean mostaccioli, for the Great Apple Pie Cook Off dinner. If it weren't for this essential kitchen tool, my hands would have been blistered from mincing canned tomatoes, my legs and feet would have ached mercilessly from standing, and I would have lost an extra hour of sleep from the long and arduous task of refining said tomatoes.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this magic gadget, it's a food processor. It has twin blades that spin at ridiculous speeds and with such force that it processes chunks into a gooey puree. 



 



I used it to make the crumble pie topping for the Dreamy Apple Pie I baked.





I also used it to make the Sunday Gravy for the baked.   ziti  , er, mostaccioli.




Thank you, Kayen, for this invaluable wedding gift (by way of Macy's gift card).



.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe.. glad you found something you could use..

    ReplyDelete